Skip navigation

Ok, so I didn’t see this documented anywhere, but found a need to reduce additional I/O from our SCCM application folder (thanks RCM and BCP).

Anyway, thanks to Stack Overflow and a random post I ran across about enumerating and changing registry values simply, here’s an example that would move them from e: to a similar folder structure on i:

( I’ve modified these to make them readable within the sites format, be sure to delete any breaks and have them as a single line before copying them into your console.)

get-itemproperty -path HKLM:\software\microsoft\sms\tracing\* tracefilename | 
%{set-itemproperty -Path $_.PSPath TraceFilename -Value 
( $_.TraceFilename -Replace "e:","i:")}

and

get-itemproperty -path HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\sms\providers\ "Logging Directory" | 
%{set-itemproperty -Path $_.PSPath "Logging Directory" -value 
( $_."Logging Directory" -Replace "e:","i:")}

( I’ve modified these to make them readable within the sites format, be sure to delete any breaks and have them as a single line before copying them into your console.)

Finally restart the sms_executive service and you should be good to go.

Leave a Reply